Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Flu, or, Why I Blog

My husband came down with some sort of bug on Saturday, and I came down with it on Sunday. It's not too bad; I can still work some, which is a good thing, because my Wednesday radio show is coming, whether I like it or not. But my mood is as gray as the skies have been here in northern California, and all I want to do is sleep. It's hard to find anything uplifting to write.

Desperate for a monologue for the show, I had the urge to look through earlier blog posts lableled "flu". Here's what turned up:

Denial Ain't Just a River... which is all about the deeper meaning of illness
The Upside of Flu which is about what we can learn from a (minor) illness
And What Did YOU Do this Week? which is more wisdom from a minor illness, and learning to love what we create

It's as if my higher self were talking to me across time. 

This is why I blog! It's so that I have access to my own wisdom, tagged and searchable by subject, when I need it the most. And I'd urge you to do the same. Who knows, maybe others will learn from it, as well!

No comments: