Monday, August 27, 2012

How does healing happen?

When I was learning hypnotherapy, one of the things we learned to do was to help people stop smoking using hypnosis. I watched with both my external eyes and my clairvoyance as the teacher did the procedure (I actually do it differently today). What I saw was a revelation:

As the teacher hypnotized the student, both of their energy fields grew large and sort of diaphanous -- until they merged into one large field. Then certain words were spoken and other things happened, and eventually, as the session concluded, their fields shrunk down again into their individual ones. The field of  the 'client' (actually a fellow student) shrunk into a slightly different form than the one with which she'd started the session. My guides tell me that part of her change came from her field directly modeling the more healthy field with which it had been merged.

So healing comes, at least in part, from a group field. And the less healthy parts of the field, model and take energy from, the healthier parts.

Why do I bring this up? Because last week, I was part of an intervention for an alcoholic. The alcoholic did make a shift, and I'm pretty sure it was, at least in part, from the field effect.

It also had a profound effect on me. I'll tell you about it -- but I don't want to do it in writing, so you'll have to listen to my radio show, "Your Life, Your Relationships" on 8/29/12 (or the podcast) to hear that part.

No comments: