Friday, February 18, 2005

A President's Day Thought

Presidents' Day reminds me of Washington's Birthday, which reminds me of the Declaration of Independence. This august document reads, in part:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm tired of the pursuit of happiness. I just want to be happy! And if you think about it, just the phrase "pursuit of happiness" implies that you are NOT happy.

Happiness is a choice. It's a choice each of us makes -- or not -- every moment of every day.

So for the next blog or two, I'm ging to concentrate on happiness: how to have it, and more importantly, how to be it.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WOULD TAKE FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY? A great relationship? A new car? A lovely home? A job you love? Living your purpose?

Make a complete list -- this should take less than 10 minutes -- and in my next blog, I'll talk about what to do with the list.

No comments: