Thursday, February 19, 2009

The world's quickest, easiest way to relax, anywhere, any time!

Usually, when I go for my morning walk, I get into a meditative state by just looking at whatever I pass, without making words in my mind about it. If words show up, I just let them go. Or I repeat a mantra in my mind -- same effect.

Today, however, I decided to look at the spaces between things, instead of at the things themselves. Bingo -- instant trance! I couldn't even make words in my mind.

The easiest way to start is to use tree branches (or anything else that has a lacy effect). Look at the spaces between the branches.

Or try it right now, wherever you are. Are there dangling wires for your equipment? Look at the space between them. A pair of scissors in a pencil cup? Look at the spaces in and around the scissors.

Pretty quickly, you'll move on to bigger things, so that you see all the space around you. For me, that seemed like I was walking in a sea of air, like I'm a tiny creature in this sea.

What happens for you? Let me know...

No comments: