Monday, March 30, 2009

Holy anomaly, Batman! Someone left me a message

Since I've been under the weather for the last few days, I have my laptop set up on a bed tray, and have been reading and googling and writing from bed. It's great -- I recommend it highly.

Last night, when I went to sleep, I put the bed tray down on the floor with the laptop on it, still on, still open, and with Photoshop in operation, as I'd begun to work on a photo of ocotillo I took in the desert a couple of weeks ago, absracting the ocotillo from the background to use in my art. The tool I was using was the magic wand tool, which selects areas based on (I think) color intensity.

When I woke up this morning, Photoshop had been switched to the type tool, the areas I'd selected were no longer selected and this was written across the center of the photo:

ARTZ

Caps lock was NOT on! My husband swears he never touched my computer, and I believe him, because we never touch each other's computers without prior permission. My step son never comes in the bedroom when we're asleep, so it wasn't him. I can't imagine that my cat could have done only this exact sort of typing -- occasionally a cat will step on the computer, but cats kind of make a mess, long strings of one letter, that sort of thing. I don't sleepwalk or anything; I know it wasn't me.

So who was it?

No comments: