Thursday, March 19, 2009

Manifestation

A couple of nights ago, I was at a friend's home, a loft in downtown SF, with a few others, chatting about our businesses. I forget how it came up, but I told my friends some of the amazing things that have happened as a result of the mantra I sing internally (for other examples, click here, here and here). So I volunteered to do it briefly for them.

So we sat in a circle and meditated, with me thinking the sounds of the mantra. After a while, I just felt like it was enough, so I stopped. We all opened our eyes, and the homeowner said, "Do you hear that?" Everyone else said yes immediately. It took me a moment to pay attention to the sounds around me, which I hadn't been doing, because I'd been listening to the sounds in my mind. Wow! There were voices toning -- it was beautiful, kind of like harmonious chanting. It lasted for 5 - 10 seconds and faded out. But then the toning started again a few minutes later. This went on, alternating toning and silence, for probably 45 minutes!

The homeowner said there was no way it could be her neighbors, that in 8 years of living there, she'd never heard a sound from any of them, so that wasn't it. One woman went up and down the hallway, trying to find the source, but she couldn't find anything, either.

So now I know that whatever I'm bringing through can not only heal people physically, but also manifest sound. I wonder what's next?

No comments: