Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Value of a Vacation

  • VACATION:  a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation (had a restful vacation at the beach)
I spent the last 2 1/2 days at the West Coast Dowsers' Conference, where I was a speaker and led a meditation -- but that was only 1 1/2 hours out of the whole weekend. That meant that the rest of the time was a vacation.

The Dowsers' Conference is a tiny conference, just a little over 200 people, and of those, about 50 are speakers and another 15 or so are volunteers. What's great about this, though, is the generosity of the community -- everyone is open to their psychic abilities, and most are already using them in one way or another. Because of that openness, the synchronicities are amazing! Each person seems to meet the right person to help in just the way she or he needs at the moment. Sometimes that's in a class, and it's often in line at the cafeteria, or walking back and forth between buildings.

I am no exception. There are 4 class periods a day, and 5 speakers in each of them. So you have to choose which class to attend in each time slot. This being a dowsers' conference, I decided to choose each class using the ideomotor finger response (a standard hypnotic technique for communication with your unconscious mind, repurposed for  dowsing). The first class I attended was from a chi gung master and channel, Ellie, who I consider a friend, despite the fact that we've only met twice (and this weekend was one of the two times), and that we've only talked on the phone about a dozen times several years ago.

What a revelation! It turns out that Ellie and I have been getting the same information for the last few years, but hearing her talk about it, all in one place and at one time, made it completely new for me! I realized whom I need to forgive to move my business forward (and I've already done that), and that it is no longer appropriate for me to make decisions for my business based on what one is 'supposed' to do to market a service. All my own business guidance must now come from my guides. Duh! And if the guidance says 'do nothing', as it has been saying all year, then I have to listen to that (much as it pains me). And I can draw my clients to me using the process I developed 15 years ago that brought my wonderful husband. (If you want to learn the process, please call me at 888-4-HOLLIS).

Then, I was browsing through the bookstore, and came upon a pamphlet, entitled "99 Things You Can do with Dowsing". It included such ideas as dowsing whether a particular food, or method of food preparation is beneficial to you, or a cleaning product is beneficial for you and others in your home. Wow! So I can dowse whether or not to do different kinds of work, whether or not I should teach a class, and when it should begin, etc.

Then I was drawn to another class -- this one on communicating with animals psychically. We each had to count off in 1s and 2s. I was a '2', seated  between two '1's. i just knew I had to work with the woman to my left, that she'd be a better partner for me. Wow, was she! She was very accurate in talking with my lovely cat, Beast, and then I communicated with a dog she is just getting to know (new boyfriend's dog). This was really easy, and she verified pretty much everything I said. Then we did a few group readings of particular animals -- again, really easy, and what I said was verified by the human asking the question.

It turned out that my class partner is, among other things, a professional animal communicator! And she asked me to help with a client's cat, whose legs give out often and with no warning, and for no apparent reason. I saw immediately and clearly that the cat had been a draft horse in another lifetime, worked to death at a plow, when its legs gave out. She thanked me, and said that made sense, and that she could now work with the cat to heal it. Then she told me that I was a natural, and already doing animal readings on the inner planes, and that I should tell everyone that I do this. So:

I do animal readings! And they are half the price of my human ones until July 23. Please call me now at 888-4-HOLLIS (888-446-5547) if you have an animal with a behavior problem. 

When I asked her why she'd come to this class, she said she thought there was a missing piece for her in the class. It turned out that I was the person who had the missing piece for her!

So my vacation resulted in re-creation -- a new attitude to my work, and new work! Pretty cool for a 2 day vacation, huh?

PLEASE NOTE: a 'staycation' is, by definition, not a vacation.

No comments: