Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Are you psychic? 8 ways to tell

Every time I 'read' a new client, I look at their ability to get information intuitively aka psychically. Lately I've had a few who were quite psychic, but didn't know that, and were uncomfortable with it. All they knew was they knew or felt things that they weren't 'supposed' to know. At the end of our session, one of these clients said, 'thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy'.

So I thought I'd give you the most common ways people experience their psychic abilities, when they don't know the abilities are psychic abilities -- the things that make people think they're crazy.  Often people experience more than one, but it's rare for someone to have ALL of them. I'm listing them in the order of the chakras with which they're associated. For more on the chakras, go here.
  • I'm jumpy for 'no reason' - You might get psychic information in your first chakra, which is normally concerned with survival stuff (health, money, etc.). The problem is that when you're getting psychic information here, this information may not be about you. So when you feel nervous or jumpy, you have to ask yourself, "Is this even about me?" If the answer is yes, deal with it yourself. If the answer is no, then sit with it, and see if the information becomes more specific. If you can't get anything more specific, let it go and relax.
  • I can feel other people's feelings -This is a classic example of a wide open 2nd chakra. To some degree, we are all wired for this (using mirror neurons) and it is definitely stronger in some people than in others. For many, this is a good thing. But for some people, others' feelings hijack your own life. There are things you can do to stop this, but a written description won't suffice.
  • I can feel the energy of a place - This is similar to feeling others' feelings -- except no mirror neurons are involved. Back when I was opening up psychically, I attended a Sunday open house of a house that was for sale, on the recommendation of my realtor. Though the house had all the features I was looking for, I was so creeped out by the feeling of the place that I literally ran out in under 2 minutes. The next day, the realtor told me that the house was owned by a fugitive who was wanted for murder.
  • I have these internal arguments - And it's not just yes/no or should/shouldn't. There are multiple lines of argument from different points of view. I suggest that in this case, you are probably hearing your guides' points of view. There are things you can do to work with this, and turn it into an asset rather than an annoyance, but a written description won't suffice. This is a throat (5th) chakra ability.
  • I can hear other people's thoughts or or see other people's pictures - Have you ever had a thought, and then had it immediately contradicted by another? Many years ago, my (now ex) husband went out of town on a business trip while I moved house for us. The new place was closer to the airport than the old one. When I picked him up at SFO, he said he wanted to drive, which was fine with me. As we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, I pictured in my mind our new exit, and driving to our new home. Immediately afterwards, an image of the old exit came into my mind. I said, "No, we've moved, we're getting off at the Sausalito exit." To which he replied, "Thanks." (I was so sure that I'd seen his picture that I never even asked him. And I was right, because he wasn't even surprised when I corrected him.) My example is a third eye (6th chakra) one, but hearing others' thoughts is either throat chakra or crown (7th) chakra  ability.
  • I get images of the future, places I've never been, people I've never met - Classic clairvoyance (third eye)! The problem with these is that you don't know what the images are until later. It's important to remember these (even keep notes), so that when they show up in real life, you'll understand (a) that you 'saw' this stuff earlier and (b) learn what sorts of things/people/ places/events you tend to foresee.
  •  I 'just know' stuff - I 'just know' what someone else is thinking, or who's on the other end of the phone when I pick it up (and no, Caller ID doesn't count). Again, this is a crown chakra ability, which is direct mind to mind communication. When it's with a living human, it's called telepathy. When it's with a discarnate being, it's called channeling.
  • I have precognitive dreams -  This is often astral travel, which is sending your consciousness to other places and/or times. Sometimes (though this will feel completely different, and is not technically a dream), it's actually leaving your body to go to another point in space/time.
If you do any of these things, and want to learn more about your abilities and/or practice them in a safe setting, please send me an email. I'm thinking of doing my teleseminar series again, beginning in August. It will be twice a month, for about 1 1/4 hours/class, at 5:30PM PT. I am taking votes on whether Tuesdays or Thursdays are preferable. Please let me know which day you prefer.

No comments: