Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cyborgs Prove Telepathy Is Desirable

That headline is a little tongue in cheek, but here's what I mean:

When wireless headsets for cell phones were new, I began to see people having very animated conversations with... no one... on street corners all over the country. I thought perhaps we had a burgeoning epidemic of psychotics! And then I realized that they had these gadgets on, and they were using technology to talk to very real other people, who were not physically present.

Hmmm.... talking to beings that are not physically present... that reminds me of something... oh, right, telepathy. Telepathy is direct mind to mind communication with another physical being. (Mind to mind communication with a non-physical being is called channeling.)

Somehow, telepathy is the psychic ability that freaks people out, even when others, like clairvoyance, and even channeling, don't. I think everyone is afraid of other people really knowing what they think. Honestly, if everyone was telepathic, one of two things would happen. Either society would become very compassionate, because all people would instantly know other people's pain, or people would clean up their thoughts in a hurry! And since thoughts are things and influence physical reality, reality would get a lot nicer in either case. So if you're one of those people who is freaked out by telepathy, would you please just let that fear go? But I digress.

I don't know about you, but seeing odd metallic growths coming out of people's skulls just above their ears, makes me think of Star Trek. Didn't they call those part human, part machine beings, cyborgs?

Here's what I think. I think we all come from one consciousness, and in non-physical reality, we are telepathic. And part of us remembers this when we take on bodies, and that's why we feel so lonely here on earth, where it seems we are separate. So we all aspire to telepathy, even as we fear it. And we aspire to it so much that we resort to being cyborgs, wearing wireless ear pieces for our wireless phones to communicate with other very real beings.

One day, if each of us accepts our abilities, maybe we won't need the phones!

No comments: